I must admit it was a bit much to ask him to be creative when he was working full time to design microchips (Any relation to the potato chip? I love those.), while finishing a 150+ page dissertation (You will thank me for NOT posting that.) and trying to pass his Ph.D. Defense. Then there was that little distraction of having to look for work for 11 months and then getting used to a new job for the past few months. And that doesn't even get into his family (and pet!) responsibilities. His plate was a little full, and so I guess I can cut him some slack. His days are very unlike mine, which are mainly spent napping, begging for treats, and avoiding Kaden. (Did I mention that Kaden's in his TERRIBLE threes? My tail's never been the same.)
Nevertheless, my master has consented to pick up the pen once again. Here is his opening salvo on--wait for it--electricity and magnetism. (I know. I know. But he has been a bit swamped in the stuff.) In case you didn't know, there is a class called Electromagnetics that all electrical engineers have to take and that most remember only in their darkest of dreams. (If you have ever seen a horror film with Freddy Krueger or Jason Voorhees, you have a good idea of what the class is like.) Anyway, Herr Doctor tells me that anyone who has taken electrical engineering or physics could relate to this. Well, I'm sure most of us can say, "Been there. Done that," eh?
Whew! That was hard work. Time for a nap.
--Fezziwig
No comments:
Post a Comment